Every year I make resolutions or set goals for that year and every year it seems as if my goals are the same as the past years. So this year I decided to make monthly goals, or things that I want to get accomplished before the end of the month. I made several for January and I am glad to report that I am on track.
I am asking for some help with one of my February goals. I want to "fix up" my fireplace. I have thought about painting it, or tiling it. I am just not sure what would look the best. Let me know if you have some great suggestions or ideas, the more ideas the better. I just want it to look beautiful and cozy. Here is a picture of what it looks like now (it really does need some work).
Cuddling an 18 Year Old
11 years ago
6 comments:
Do you use the fireplace?
How often?
I think you better invite me over so we can work on this together.
I actually was just posting to tell you I think Alyssa is darling.
I love the idea of tile. giving it an updated and cleaner look. Een painting would brighten it and make it more modern and not so country looking. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the ideas so far. Robin, please come over and help me make my house as beautiful as yours (impossible I know).
We do use the fireplace every now and then, it is a wood burning fireplace.
I have no good ideas. But, i do like tile around fireplaces. Robin would be a great resource as would Cumorah and Tamzen. Good luck
I think it just needs a beefier mantel. Also, take everything off and get just a few bigger things to put on it. Robin would be great. I would love to come too! It would be really hard to tile over and I think you would regret paint later. Look into the mantel. Maybe you could build in bookshelves on either side and make it different that way. Have fun!
Paint sounds great and mabey a thick mantel that goes to the floor on each side would look good.
Post a Comment