Monday, July 20, 2009

More from our Family Reunion

Friday, July 10

We drove back to Palmyra, NY and visited the Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center.

This is a display at the Visitor's Center of Joseph Smith's Vison


Sariah, Tyler, Brayden and Ryan in front of the Christus Statue


A replica of the Golden Plates


This is a statue of Moroni on the top of the Hill Cumorah


This is the bottom of the statue of Moroni
Grandma and Papa with the grandkids (Mike and Paul are there too)


We then went to the Palmyra Temple


President Monson has said that "when we touch the temple, the temple touches us", so we touched the temple wall as a family.



The Grandin Print Shop in Palmyra was where the Book of Mormon was first published. I learned so many cool facts at the print shop. The hand of the Lord was evident in many ways in making it possible for the Book of Mormon to be published.


Then we drove to Fayette, NY and visited a replica (on the original foundation) of Peter Whitmer's home where the church was first organized on April 6, 1830. The three witnesses saw the gold plates near this home. In Fayette Joseph received 20 revelations that are recorded in the Doctrine and Covenants.


This was the upper room where Joseph translated and completed the Book of Mormon in 1829.


Saturday, July 11

We spent the day at an amusement/water park called Seabreeze, right off of Lake Ontario in Rochester.

Sunday, July 12

We flew home to Colorado Springs. It was the end to an amazing vacation with family. I'm grateful to my parents for giving us these wonderful experiences.

3 comments:

Saquel25 said...

It looks like a truly fabulous vacation. I can't wait to do all that some day.

JenkinsonKS said...

What an AWESOME family reunion! Our family got to go to Palmyra in 1990... I loved it then and I would love to return! I love all your photos! Glad everyone had a good time.

Robin said...

What a great trip. We did it 5 years ago (has it really been that long?) and it was HOT and HUMID and you all look so COOL and NOT SWEATY.

Impressive.