We have a new addition to our family.
Alyssa watched our friend's dog for about 10 days over the summer. She got very attached to the dog and when it came time to give her back Alyssa got pretty emotional. Ever since then she has wanted a little dog of her own. She has been saving her money and praying that she will be able to get a little dog, the only problem is that the type of dog she likes is about $1500. The other day our friend (the owner of the dog Alyssa watched over the summer) approached me and asked if we would be interested in taking the dog. She said that ever since they got back from their vacation that the dog has not been happy and she really felt that she'd be happier with Alyssa. Well after talking to Paul we decided that it would be a good idea. When we told Alyssa she was thrilled and told us that her prayers had been answered. When our friend brought the dog (Zoey) over to us it was quite a sight to see the reunion. Alyssa was smiling from ear to ear and Zoey was spastically happy to see Alyssa. They have both been extremely happy and really are a great match. I guess her prayers really were answered.
Cuddling an 18 Year Old
11 years ago
12 comments:
Very sweet! A great example of the power of a child's prayer. :o)
That doggie is darling! We all want a dog at our house...but I am too chicken.
Such a sweet answer to her prayer. I am so glad none of my kids are praying for another dog. miss you all!!!
So cute!! Whenever Abbie asks for I dog i say "Why do you need a dog, you have a little brother?" She just rolls her eyes at me ;) I'll bet your kids are in heaven!!!
Cute Dog! I am very happy for Alyssa. You on the other hand just got a new kid...:) But that is a cute dog. You may fall head over heels too.
How exciting! I know how much Alyssa loved that little doggy. I'm sure Dawson is going to love coming to your house more than ever now!
My girls want a dog soooo bad. I don't know why because they yell everytime one gets close. What a great example of a prayer being answered for little Alyssa. Sucha cute dog!!
How exciting for Alyssa :) I'm sure Jada is happy with a new buddy. Zoey looks like an adorable addition to the family. Miss all of you!! xoxo
What a sweet stor. The faith of a child works. The dog is adorable. and what an AWESOME name!
Aww that's so sweet! The power of prayer definately brings amazing miracles.
holly cute!!!!!!!! I love it! Congratualations on the new addition :)
this is the SWEETEST story!
Post a Comment