Sunday, October 26, 2008

Looks yummy, Tastes gross





We had a wonderful time on the Sunday during General Conference. I had printed out packets of games, bingo, word searches, pictures and a bunch of other fun things to do during conference that actually related to the speakers. We also had bought a bunch of cheap toys to give out as prizes for the bingo game and to keep them motivated during confercne. This was the first year that we were able to sit and watch both sessions on Sunday and have all the kids with us and actually quiet and listening. I really felt so much love for all my beautiful, wonderful, sweet children as we sat there as a family and felt the spirit. It was truly a family bonding moment. After the first session, while I made lunch the kids got to make a "haunted house".

My kids had a great time making this "spooky, haunted mansion" out of chocolate cookies and tons of candy and frosting. The whole time they were making it they were drooling and couldn't wait to eat it (I had told them that they could eat it when they were done). When the time came to eat it they each took a bite and ran over to the trash to spit it out. I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but I wasn't willing to taste it to find out (I saw them licking pieces to get them to stick). It was kind of funny and they didn't get a sugar rush, great day!!

2 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

It looked great though and kept them busy I'm sure for quite awhile. Worth every penny!!

Corless Family said...

glad it kept them busy. looks like great fun! and you were blessed too since they didn't eat too much sugar!!HaHa miss you!