Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break

This spring break we did some organizing and cleaning. We cleaned out a storage room in the basement and Paul built these amazing shelves for the laundry room so we could have a place for our food storage and other items. I have an old washer and dryer, but they keep working great so I can't complain.



Then we bought this shelving unit so that I could have all of my preschool supplies in the preschool and be organized.


Then we moved Alyssa down to the basement and made the storage room into her new bedroom. Now she doesn't have to share a bathroom with her three brothers, only three classes of preschoolers (it's a trade off).




Alyssa's old room is now Ryan's room. He chose a Star Wars Theme. He loves his new room and he loves getting his picture taken so he wanted to be in some of the photos of his new room.





Now all the kids will have their own room and I love feeling like everything is clean and organized, if only for a little while.

1 comment:

Rosalia said...

The cleaning bug must be in the air. We are rearranging rooms and cleaning out closets in our house too. However, things don't look quite as organized yet as your photos show.
It's so fun to get your own room Alyssa! I shared with my brothers until I was about 14. Thank goodness mom moved me out before they got to the age where their shoes smelled really bad. :)