We went to visit my parents for a week in July. They live in Torrington, WY just 30 minutes away from Scottsbluff, NE. We like to hike to the top of the bluff, thus the name Scottsbluff.
We visited the 23 acre Scottsbluff zoo, small but cute. We got lucky and it happened to be $1 day, but with the 100 degree weather we pretty much had the zoo to ourselves. It happens to be home of the rare Red Panda.
We went swimming a lot, the pool is about 3 houses from my parents' place. It was only $1 a person to go swimming, I love the small town prices for everything!
On our last day we went to Cheyenne to go to "Cheyenne Frontier Days". My kids loved the rodeo, especially the bull riding. They each got a Cowboy hat and wore them with pride! I grew up in Cheyenne and used to sell "Cheyenne Frontier Days Souvenir Programs" so I could go to the rodeos and night shows for free. I remember seeing the Oakridge Boys, Barbara Mandrell, Pam Tillis, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, and my favorite, Garth Brooks. It has really grown over the years, but was still a ton of fun. We loved the Indian Village. We watched the Indian dancers, the kids got to make a craft, and hear stories. We saw Tee Pees and a coat made out of buffalo fur. We had a great day in good Ol' Cheyenne!

Cuddling an 18 Year Old
11 years ago
1 comment:
What a fun trip. Sounds like you all had a good time. I wish more things were just $1 around here!!!
Post a Comment