This is a crazy time of year for us. The kids have field trips, parties, and Alyssa had a 5th Grade Continuation.
Her teacher had asked if someone could help him put together a slide show for all of the 5th graders. I happen to have some experience in making DVDs so I said I would help him. Well before I knew what hit me I was doing the whole thing! There were over 300 pictures and each teacher had picked songs to play during their classes pictures. I worked so hard on it. I had to scan pictures, crop pictures, brighten pictures and make title pages with class pictures and shorten songs, splice together beginnings and endings. I also had to have transitions between each picture and I ended it with a group picture of the whole 5th grade (a great aerial shot that was in the year book). I must say that I was so proud of it today as all the parents, teachers, and kids watched. Parents were crying and kids were cheering. Alyssa's teacher was so grateful and couldn't stop thanking me. I was so happy the rest of the day, what a great feeling!
Now I just need to focus on summer and get ready with some fun activities for the kids. I have decided that each weekday we will have an activity. Mondays will be cooking class, we will just make something fun together. Tuesdays will be Library day and all about reading. Wednesdays will be something physical, like a hike or bike ride. Thursdays will be science, I have a great book with experiments we can do at home. Fridays will be art, we can do a lot with this. I think it will work out great and give the kids something to look forward to each day.
Her teacher had asked if someone could help him put together a slide show for all of the 5th graders. I happen to have some experience in making DVDs so I said I would help him. Well before I knew what hit me I was doing the whole thing! There were over 300 pictures and each teacher had picked songs to play during their classes pictures. I worked so hard on it. I had to scan pictures, crop pictures, brighten pictures and make title pages with class pictures and shorten songs, splice together beginnings and endings. I also had to have transitions between each picture and I ended it with a group picture of the whole 5th grade (a great aerial shot that was in the year book). I must say that I was so proud of it today as all the parents, teachers, and kids watched. Parents were crying and kids were cheering. Alyssa's teacher was so grateful and couldn't stop thanking me. I was so happy the rest of the day, what a great feeling!
Now I just need to focus on summer and get ready with some fun activities for the kids. I have decided that each weekday we will have an activity. Mondays will be cooking class, we will just make something fun together. Tuesdays will be Library day and all about reading. Wednesdays will be something physical, like a hike or bike ride. Thursdays will be science, I have a great book with experiments we can do at home. Fridays will be art, we can do a lot with this. I think it will work out great and give the kids something to look forward to each day.
6 comments:
that sound like such a great plan for summer. you will have to share the recipes that you make and let the kids rate them. i still want to try yur freezer jam. it was so yummy, but we need the recipe! let us know how things are going! also good job on the slide show for Alyssa's class.
I think that sounds like an awesome idea. Good job with Alyssa's class. Good for you.
It's official...you are my hero! I heard a buzz about the awesome 5th grade continuation, but I didn't know you were the talent behind it. Way to go! And I should really take a page out of your book for summer activities. I was thinking more along the lines of unpacking boxes Monday through Friday! :o) Your plan sounds much better.
I'm so glad the slide show was such a success! I know how hard you've been working and how frustrating those projects can get! I've been making up our summer schedule as well, and I like your ideas.
Will you do this for my kids? Please. They need a mom like you.
Post a Comment