Alyssa asked me to give her a haircut today. I said okay and thought we could give her a cute bob. Well I tried to get it even and made a huge mess of her beautiful long curly hair. Why I thought I could cut her hair, I don't know. So we had to take her to a stylist and get it fixed, all on Sunday night (she was not about to go to school like that). I feel terrible and promised her that I would never cut her hair again! I am a crazy person at times and think that I can do things that I obviously can't, like dye my own hair and cut Alyssa's hair (darn this determined, positive self concept)! This picture was awhile after the haircut, she had been crying earlier.
All of this happened on Mother's Day, she had written me a song on the piano but said she didn't feel like singing and playing it for me (who can blame her).
7 comments:
I still think she looks beautiful!!!
she looks very grown up very cute!
I like it! It will be fun for a change. Also, nice, cool and low maintenance for summer. :o)
I don't think it's nearly as bad as you made it sound! She looks cute. Too bad you missed out on your song though.
She looks darling. You, however, have got to turn in the clippers. This post made me laugh.
Alyssa's hair is beautiful! I try to fool myself about doing things that I really can't quite often - so I can totally relate to how you felt!
The haircut story made me laugh! It reminds me of the many nightmare haircuts I've had in my life! I think she looks cute. So maybe you don't have a future as a hairstylist, but you're still a great mom!
Post a Comment